But Tantra also values independence. Here is an example, from the Bon tradition, a Tibetan synthesis of Tantra. A yogi tells us about his meetings with sacred beings :
"One evening, while I was preparing a large offering of tormas, some knowledge-holders and dakinis arrived. I did not feel any particular joy but remained naturally as if nothing had happened.
One dakini then told me, “Son, you are bound by pride and conceit as you don’t show devotion to us, males and females. Do you think you don’t need the supreme and common siddhis? Do you dare give initiations to all without first having the tormas for the initiation blessed? Without having achieved the great natural state in your mind, do you deem yourself capable of acting impartially for the benefit of beings?”
I replied, “Mother dakini, how strange and suspicious you are! I who abide in the unmodified and unlimited mind-essence where the outer and the inner, samsara and nirvana, are perfected, have obtained the initiation in my mind, without receiving it from outside. For me, who am the nature of Samantabhadra, there are no blessings that should descend from somewhere (else). As the three kayas arise spontaneously in me, have no siddhi (spirituals accomplishment) to receive from somewhere else.” (from Visionary Encounters, trans. Clemente)

Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire